Did you ever wish you could create and execute professional email marketing campaigns around the IBM® solutions you specialize in, just by pushing a few buttons? Well, now you can. Since my last post on Business Partner Voices, we’ve piloted an exciting new initiative that helps you leverage IBM marketing content—and it’s now available to all PartnerWorld members at no charge.
New email campaign capability launched on April 18
Over 600 IBM Business Partners registered for our launch webcast on April 18, and judging from your attendance and the active Q&A buzz, there is a lot of interest in this topic. The new campaign capability within IBM Web Content Syndication lets you create and execute email campaigns based on IBM Ready-to-Execute (RTE) campaign assets, directly from your Web Content Syndication partner console. This new automated capability means you can customize and launch campaigns, register and manage contacts, see the results, and handle tracking and reporting, all from one place—which can save you both time and money.
Does all that sound slightly too good to be true? Great—because that’s what we were aiming for. In late 2012 and early 2013, we invited some of our Business Partners to participate in a pilot program to test-drive it and get a sense of how it would work in real-world marketing use. Here’s what some of our pilot participants had to say:
- “The IBM Web Content Syndication Ready-to-Execute campaign simplified everything and the results were fantastic; we saw a much-higher response rate than normal.”
- “The IBM Web Content Syndication benefit eradicates a good portion of what I spend my day doing and shows how IBM continues to invest in the Channel.”
- “The first email went off without a hitch, the landing and registration pages worked beautifully…this program is really going to resonate with partners. The landing pages are nicely designed and the content is superb.”
And best of all, just like Web Content Syndication, there is no cost to use the new campaign automation feature.
So how does it work?
If you are currently using IBM Web Content Syndication, this new email marketing capability is available immediately through a new Campaigns tab in your Partner Console. So your console now serves as your one-stop shop to manage both web syndication and email campaigns.
From your console, in addition to managing your IBM web content, you’ll now be able to:
- Get RTE campaign email templates: Currently there are 22 RTE campaigns available, with more being added each month.
- Customize your RTE campaigns: Add your own logo to quickly and easily brand your communications—use the suggested copy or edit as you see fit.
- Create customized campaign landing pages: Easily create customized destination pages on your site where you can drive traffic—it’s a great way to support outreach to prospects and further promote your offers.
- Integrate with your IBM solutions showcase pages: The customized landing pages you create can be seamlessly integrated within your existing IBM solutions showcase pages.
- Monitor and manage campaign email communications: Track open rates, click rates, open dates, unique opens and more in real time.
- Manage contacts: Easily upload and manage lists.
- Save time and money: The templates and tools make it easy to execute a campaign with minimal effort on your part.
The big picture—helping you generate business opportunities
This new feature builds on our goal of helping IBM Business Partners generate and manage opportunities. The current IBM Web Content Syndication offering integrates IBM marketing content into your websites quickly, easily and effectively to help you market and promote your IBM-based solutions. The content is regularly and automatically refreshed and is available worldwide in 12 languages. This new campaign capability helps you add professional email campaigns to your marketing mix, from the same tool, for free.
Ready to get started?
If you’re already registered and using IBM Web Content Syndication, just go to your Partner Console and select the Campaigns tab to start using the new campaign capability (http://websyndication.sharedvue.net/login).
If you’re not yet registered and using IBM Web Content Syndication, simply go to http://websyndication.sharedvue.net and register to get started. In case you were wondering, you don’t have to use Web Content Syndication in order to take advantage of the new campaign capability—you can use only the campaign function by itself if you prefer…but why not do both?
If you have questions or need help getting started with either web syndication or campaigns, please contact our syndication partner SharedVue at email@example.com, or go to http://websyndication.sharedvue.net and click Contact to find the telephone support number for your country.
Want to learn more?
If you’d like to learn more about IBM Web Content Syndication and the new campaign capability, check out the on-demand announcement webcast, or visit PartnerWorld for more details.
P.S. Just so you know, we’re not “done” … there are 22 campaigns available now with more to come. And stay tuned for some exciting new social media marketing capabilities we’ll be adding to the mix later this year. What else is on your mind? We welcome your thoughts and ideas on the new campaign tool and the campaigns you’d like to see made available. Please use the comment feature below to let us know your thoughts or suggestions.