A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
IBM Canada Business Partners: The IBM Canada Channel initiative is officially wrapped up!
UPDATE 12/19/16 – This IBM Canada Channel initiative is officially wrapped up!
Our December 7 report shows IBM Canada Business Partners as having created 237x 1JF SS4+ opportunities during the month of November 2016, blowing away the target objective!
Congratulations to our IBM Canada Business Partners whose engagement and participation essentially had IBM Canada giving back to our Canadian community. On December 14, Joe Sehl, Director, IBM Canada Business Partners and Krista Shibata, IBM Canada Leader, Women in Technology, hand-delivered the promised contribution of CAD 10,000 to Plan Canada – Because I am a Girl’.
Again, I want to thank you for demonstrating that IBM Canadian Business Partners do amazing things when they come together for a good cause!
Calling IBM Canada Business Partners: Let’s unite to get it done for a good cause
10/27/16 – In the spirit of the IBM Employees’ Charitable Fund (ECF) campaign running throughout the upcoming month, we are calling on IBM Canada Business Partners to join in!
During the entire month of November 2016, for every validated 1JF-valid (SS4) opportunity that is created by our IBM Business Partner community, the IBM Channel Team will contribute CAD 100 to “Plan Canada, Because I am a girl”—a Canadian STEM organization that is working to end gender inequality and promote girls’ rights. For this fund-raising campaign, IBM Canada has a target objective and maximum total contribution of CAD 10,000.
Follow along in the IBM Business Partner Fund-Raising Campaign (requires Firefox browser to view) to see how much is being raised on a weekly basis. At the end of the campaign fund, each IBM Business Partner that participated by opening opportunities will be sent a report that reflects exactly how much your actions have contributed to the fund-raising in dollar value. IBM will provide the funds to “Plan Canada, Because I am a girl,” bringing visibility to the IBM Business Partners that contributed to the creation of opportunities through logo signage.
We know that validated opportunities are out there, and so do you! Whether you are in sales, marketing or technical teams, we are asking you to huddle together and create your own synergy. Consider the following:
- Follow up with those prospects you haven’t talked to in a while. Pick up the phone, reach out to them by email or through LinkedIn, and reignite discussions.
- Look at your marketing analytics data to check out who’s already interested and then engage.
- If you are already working on opportunities and they just aren’t documented yet, then what better time than now to put them in Global Partner Portal (GPP)?
- 1JF opportunities opened by Deal Registration count if you are the one bringing the opportunity!
- Tag your opportunities to your IBM Co-Marketing campaigns if one of your campaigns touched the opportunity. If you are having trouble creating marketing opportunities in Global Partner Portal (GPP), reach out to [email protected] and we’ll offer you a manual alternative.
- And finally, once you’ve created the opportunity, why not demonstrate your good will on social media? Here’s a sample tweet/LinkedIn post: We just had @IBMCanada contribute CAD 100 for #IBMStem4Girls! @biaagcanada #IBMPartners #BecauseIamagirl. You can also demonstrate your participation in the comment section below.
”IBM is committed to diversity and inclusion as a necessary building block to yield innovation. With that in mind, we have a special focus on closing the gap of women in the fields of science and technology. And there is no better way to do so than to team with our Canadian Business Partners! I am especially excited about the “Plan Canada, Because I am a Girl” organization, where STEM related programming will ultimately build the confidence and self-esteem of girls. Together, we will be supporting Canadian-focused initiatives championing girls’ rights and gender equality as they make their way into our Canadian workplace.”—Joe Sehl, Director, IBM Canada Business Partners
In the end, we want real opportunities for a real cause. We’re confident that our IBM Canada Business Partners can work together as they have always done—as a true One-Channel team—with the unified objective of contributing to a good cause.
Please also feel free to reach out to me ([email protected]) if you have any questions and/or you experience difficulties in accessing the IBM Business Partner Fund-Raising Campaign URL. Thanks!