A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
Summer is winding down, but conference season is picking up
For many of us, the end of August marks the final month of summer. Kids head back to school, cottage and beach house owners prepare to close up for fall, but one thing starts to pick up again—the schedule of industry events and conferences. And for all of us in the storage world, 2016 won’t disappoint.
With three major conferences that IBM Storage attends—VMworld 2016, IBM Edge 2016 and Oracle Open World 2016—coming up in just over a month, there are plenty of options to learn how to deliver real value to your clients’ data in all applications, workloads and use cases. It’s only fitting that the storage trade show season starts out in the desert at VMworld 2016, which runs from August 28 to September 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
VMworld is a must-attend event for the storage industry and IBM’s presence will, once again, be expanded in 2016. Focusing on client successes, best practices from thousands of implementations and the latest enhancements in IBM Storage, IBM experts and eight of our valued Business Partners will showcase comprehensive solutions of all-Flash, software defined and efficiency-optimized storage solutions for VMware environments such as VMware vSphere, vCloud, Horizon and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM). IBM’s award-winning storage and software defined solutions help VMware users extract greater value from all their data to outthink, outperform and win in the Cognitive Era.
With oceans of data representing both a challenge and opportunity for VMware users, IBM will weave a tropical theme across our multifaceted presence. I invite you, your customers and your prospects to participate:
- IBM booth #2035, staffed by IBM technical specialists and architects with deep VMware knowledge, will showcase a wide range of highly integrated, VMware-certified IBM Storage solutions.
- I will moderate a panel featuring industry leaders Mark Ward, Chief Operating Officer of Cobalt Iron; Aaron Coody, Systems Administrator at Scott Equipment; Chalva Tchkotoua, Senior Vice President of Charter Communications; and Tim Conley, Co-Founder and Principal Partner at ATS Group—all discussing why they’ve placed their trust in the combination of IBM Storage and VMware solutions. There will be multiple breakouts describing why IBM Storage is the ideal choice for VMware environments.
- Forty 10-minute booth presentations, delivered by IBM and IBM Business Partners, will take place every 30 minutes, showcasing recent IBM/VMware client successes and the latest IBM Storage innovations for VMware.Your customers will have a chance to win the latest hot techno-prizes including Apple iPad Pros, DJI Osmos and Sony PlayStations, just to name a few.
- Get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch as surfboards are customized live. Ink Master Season 5 finalist Mark Longnecker and surfboard painting industry pioneer Drew Brophy will both demonstrate their skills at booth #2035 as they paint boards live for the audience.
- During the entire conference, two meeting rooms will be dedicated to give you access to IBM executives and VMware experts to meet with you, your prospects and your customers. Meeting slots are available—request yours today here.
- A grand prize drawing takes place on the final day of the show, where one lucky customer will walk away with a trip for two to Tahiti!
See you there! You can also let me know what you think by using the comments feature below.
Eric Herzog (@zoginstor)
Vice President, Marketing – IBM Storage Systems and Software Defined Infrastructure