A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
IBM drives new revenue and margin opportunity with the FlashSystem 9100: NVMe Accelerated, Multi-Cloud Enabled
Today begins a new chapter in the IBM Storage All-Flash story by giving you the ability to deploy a new, blazing-fast offering that unlocks the power of your customers’ data with Flash-Optimized NVMe technology, Software Defined Storage and Modern Data Protection. Helping you deliver the data-driven, Multi-Cloud enterprise to your end users, the new FlashSystem 9100 will open up a host of new opportunities to grow your IBM Storage business with existing clients and, even more important, prospects.
The newly announced IBM FlashSystem 9100 offers your customers NVMe IBM FlashCore Modules and NVMe industry-standard SSDs to deliver up to 2 PB of blazing-fast, low-latency storage in a 2U package.1
As with the existing, award-winning Storwize and FlashSystem technologies you’re familiar with, the IBM FlashSystem 9100 is built with IBM Spectrum Virtualize software. In addition, the FlashSystem 9100 includes IBM Storage Insights for AI-based predictive analytics, storage management and support, as well as a host of other Spectrum Storage software2 for data reuse, modern data protection, Docker and Kubernetes support for containerized deployments, and disaster recovery to the public cloud.
“IBM’s new FlashSystem 9100 offers channel partners a competitive solution in a rapidly expanding NVMe storage systems market as well as a set of extensive storage software,” says Mathias Knofel, Senior Manager, Corporate Benchmarking and Enterprise Analyst at CONTEXT. “With this new offering, IBM is enabling partners to align their programs and grow revenue opportunities by delivering data-driven, multi-cloud configurations to their end users.”
The NVMe technology builds on the drumbeat of announcements we’ve been sharing with you and your customers for over a year.
- May 2017: IBM announced an NVMe strategy optimizing the entire storage system stack, from applications and workloads through flash technology and extending to the cloud.
- December 2017: IBM exhibited the IBM FlashSystem 900 using NVMe over an InfiniBand fabric with an IBM POWER9 Systems server.
- February 2018: IBM announced general availability of NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) for IBM FlashSystem 900 with an InfiniBand fabric, and software support for NVMe fabrics for the IBM Spectrum Accelerate and IBM Spectrum Virtualize families.
- July 2018: IBM announces FlashSystem 9100, an NVMe Accelerated, Multi-Cloud enabled storage system.
Additionally, IBM is committed to provide end-to-end support of NVMe to prepare your customers’ infrastructures for the future. In addition, we offer a complete Peace of Mind Guarantee,3 combining data reduction and availability guarantees, the IBM controller upgrade program, Endurance and Migration benefits.
But there’s more!
To help you drive new conversations and support the multi-cloud vision, IBM is announcing three new FlashSystem 9100-based Multi-Cloud solutions:
- IBM FlashSystem 9100 Solution for Data Reuse, Protection and Efficiency
- IBM FlashSystem 9100 Solution for Business Continuity and Data Reuse
- IBM FlashSystem 9100 Solution for Private Cloud Flexibility and Data Protection
We will support you in positioning, selling and implementing these solutions by providing IBM Validated Blueprints as well as education and marketing resources.
Invite your existing clients and prospects to learn more about today’s launch event of the FlashSystem 9100—sign up here now, as it takes place July 10 at 11:45 a.m. U.S. Central Time. And don’t forget to join IBM for our digital launch on July 24!
Eric Herzog @zoginstor
Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Worldwide Storage Channels
IBM Storage Systems and Software-Defined Infrastructure
1 Estimate based on using 24 of the latest 19.2 TB NVMe flash drives along with the latest real-time compression and deduplication technologies included in the new FlashSystem 9100 providing 5:1 data reduction.
2 Additional software includes IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus and IBM Spectrum Virtualize for Public Cloud.
3 The IBM Peace of Mind Guarantee combines:
- IBM data reduction guarantee—Flexible guarantee: up to 5:1 data reduction; Express guarantee: 2:1 data reduction
- IBM availability guarantee—IBM guarantees 100% data availability for systems using HyperSwap and deployed by IBM Lab Services
- IBM controller upgrade program—No up-front charges, no contractual commitment to buy
- 7-year, 24×7 support—Up to 7 years’ support available with flash media retention offerings
- Endurance—IBM FlashCore Modules will be covered for read/write endurance while under warranty or maintenance
- Migration—Up to 45 days to migrate data at no extra charge