A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
IBM Watson Build 2018: Global Champion Selected!
We are excited to announce a new Watson Build Global Champion: Compta Emerging Business, SA. The company developed Bee2FireDetection, a complete system of automatic fire prevention, prediction and detection for forests, industrial yards and natural parks.
The Watson Build Challenge gives Business Partners across the globe access to IBM resources, technology experts and IBM Cloud credits. Those Business Partners envision new Watson-based solutions, develop business plans, build working prototypes in the IBM Cloud and then pitch their solutions to a panel of industry experts.
For the 2018 competition that culminated this week, more than 400 partners advanced to the Build phase, resulting in more than 250 AI solutions developed on the IBM Cloud. A worldwide panel of IBM-selected judges named seven geography champions who competed in the Global Championship, which was held this past Sunday.
If you’re here in San Francisco at Think 2019, we hope you had a chance to stop by the Data and AI Campus today to explore the Watson Build 2018 Global Showcase, which shined a light on innovative Watson-based prototype solutions created on the IBM Cloud by IBM Business Partners. We heard from our Global Champion as well as the other geography champions plus four additional finalists who were chosen to participate in this special showcase. Participants presented the prototypes they created during the past nine months.
Here’s a quick recap of the participants:
- Agnes Intelligence LLC (North America Finalist) The Agnes cloud-based legal eDiscovery platform was designed to use AI to enhance the efficiency of trial preparation.
- Aponia LLC (North America Finalist) Aponia developed a platform to help businesses minimize risk and reduce compliance costs.
- CIB Digital Financial Services Co., Ltd. (Greater China Group Champion) CIB developed an AI-powered bank management platform to analyze, assess and recommend actions that improve banking operations, performance, decisions and compliance.
- Compta Emerging Business, SA (Global Champion & Europe Champion) Compta created Bee2FireDetection—a comprehensive system of automatic fire prevention, prediction and detection for forest, industrial yards and natural parks.
- Kukac Solutions Cognitivas e Consultoria Ltda (Latin America Champion) Kukac developed an AI-driven ecosystem to identify social-emotional characteristics of people, which can help schools and companies personalize educational and professional journeys.
- SallySoft International (Middle East and Africa Finalist) SallySoft International created a marketplace solution for mass transportation. With AI, machine learning and pattern recognition capabilities, the solution optimizes mass bus transit routes and schedules.
- Seino Information Service Co., Ltd. (Japan Champion) Seino developed a dynamic pricing solution that realizes the optimization of distribution resources throughout the supply chain. The solution shows how AI technologies can help improve productivity of shippers and transport operators.
- SpaceTime Limited (Asia Pacific Finalist) SpaceTime Limited developed an AI-powered solution to give medical practitioners the ability to search pharmaceutical data sheets using natural language questions and find answers to prescribing questions in real time.
- ThinkLabs JSC (Asia Pacific Champion) Built with machine learning and IoT technology, the ThinkLabs indoor air quality monitoring solution can help prevent air pollution and improve health conditions.
- Vascon Solutions Development and Multiservices Limited (Middle East and Africa Champion) Vascon developed an AI-powered emergency response system that facilitates seamless analytics-driven interactions between users and first responders in emergency situations.
- Zilker Technology (North America Champion) Zilker created a solution for providers of sustainable, organic food products. Powered by AI, cloud and blockchain technologies, the Zilker solution can help improve supply chain decisions, optimize cash-to-cash cycles and increase brand trust.
These solutions are all truly impressive, and we look forward to seeing how each of these companies move forward with these innovative ideas.
Vice President, IBM Partner Ecosystem Marketing