A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
Mobile is the future of how we engage
Disruptive technologies are by definition transformative, and the growing use of mobile technologies is creating sweeping changes in how people interact and behave in their personal and business lives. When both your customers and employees are going mobile, there’s little doubt that the future of how we engage is mobile.
The following research shows us just how much online behavior is changing:
- Pew Internet Research reported that as of October 2014, 64 percent of American adults own a smartphone. 63 percent of adult cell phone owners are using their phones to go online, and 34 percent of cell phone internet users go online mostly using their phones.1
- IDG looked at the business use of mobile, and found that smartphones are a critical business tool for senior executives; 92 percent of whom own and use a smartphone for business.2
- A mobile technology survey by IBM Business Partner Sage found that slightly more than half of the survey respondents (51 percent) personally use a mobile device to access work-related information remotely (when away from the office or their main computer). These employees are using mobile apps to check their email, text message, manage contacts, and access their calendars, documents, banking and social media.3
So how do you help your clients cope with this tsunami of change in their enterprises and take advantage of the mobile opportunity for competitive advantage in the market place? IBM Global Technology Services has the answer with these three new partner-enabled mobile offerings.
- MobileFirst Infrastructure Consulting Services – Accelerators can help your clients establish a roadmap, framework, and actionable plans for new technology adoption with an enterprise mobile infrastructure strategy. Learn more
- Managed Mobility Services for enterprise enables the secure environment required to safely use multivendor, corporate and personal mobile devices in the workplace, and simplify and improve the management of a global communications environment. These end-to-end capabilities reduce the risks and high costs which come with supporting and deploying organizational content and applications across diverse mobile platforms. Learn more
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS) (Mobile Virtualization Services on SoftLayer) is hosted on IBM SoftLayer and can help drive workforce productivity and positive business outcomes by helping your clients transform from a distributed, difficult-to-manage desktop environment to a consolidated, virtualized workplace solution. Learn more
Help your clients unlock the potential of Mobile in the Enterprise with these exciting new offerings.
Interested in learning more about selling IBM Mobility Offerings as an IBM Business Partner? Contact Gerald Longoria at [email protected] or Laura Rossiter at
[email protected]. And don’t forget to let me know what you think by using the comments feature below.