A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
New cloud-based storage analytics for Dell EMC users
What’s new in storage for 2017? Dell EMC customers will have a new solution that delivers optimization tips about their VMAX and VNX storage. Now they can easily see how to improve application performance and storage efficiency.
IBM plans to announce Dell EMC VMAX and VNX support for its innovative storage management cloud service, IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights, on February 7,2017. IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights is designed to help clients understand how to optimize their Dell EMC and IBM storage. Analytics and graphing are done automatically. Deployment is simple. And there is no traditional application to install.
Here are three ways your clients can optimize their Dell EMC storage:
- Some data on enterprise VMAX storage can be hosted effectively on midrange VNX storage. Conversely, some data currently on midrange VNX would be better off on enterprise VMAX storage. Storage Insights shows how much storage can be optimized and which volumes to move.
- The best time to get a deal on storage is at the end of the supplier’s fiscal year. The worst time for a client to buy storage is when they’re out of capacity. With this tool, users can determine in January whether they will need more storage for their next peak season, in time to take advantage of Dell EMC fiscal year-end offers.
- Some storage capacity can look like it’s in use when it is in fact dormant or unassigned. Storage Insights outlines how much VMAX and VNX storage could be reclaimed and provides a list of reclaimable volumes.
And here’s the best part: it’s easy to sell Storage Insights.
- Get started by pointing clients to the IBM Cloud Marketplace for IBM Spectrum Control, which features analyst viewpoints, a guided live demo and a free 30-day trial.
- The power of Storage Insights predictive analytics is within every client’s reach, starting at a low price of just USD 250 per month per 50 TB managed capacity.
- According to IDC, IBM is the only major storage system vendor with cloud-based SaaS storage management. It supports multiple types of storage and now, multiple brands, too.
Tell your Dell and EMC clients about the new Storage Insights cloud-based storage analytics coming in February. What do you think of this announcement? Give me your feedback in the comments section below or reach out to me at [email protected].
Eric Herzog (@zoginstor)
Vice President, Marketing, IBM Storage and Software Defined Storage