A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
Nominations for the 2018 IBM Beacon Awards are now open
I’m excited to share that nominations for the 2018 IBM Beacon Awards are now open!
Recognition is important at IBM, and the Beacon Awards is our opportunity to reward you—our valued Business Partners—for creating unique and exceptional solutions in the marketplace that are vigorously transforming client businesses.
This year, you can choose among 17 innovative solution awards offered across 11 product categories.
- Analytics (1 award)
- Citizenship (1 award)
- Cloud (2 awards)
- Collaboration and Talent Management (2 awards)
- Global Technology Services (1 award)
- IT infrastructure (5 awards)
- Security (1 award)
- The Weather Company (1 award)
- Watson Customer Engagement (1 award)
- Watson Financial Services (1 award)
- Watson IoT (1 award)
- Outstanding Watson Financial Services Industry Solution: This award recognizes the most effective delivery of a line-of-business or industry solution to drive tangible business value for the client, and to generate revenue growth for the Business Partner and IBM.
- Outstanding Community Service: This award is for uniting the talent of a company and people to positively address an issue of significant importance to either a specific cause or within the community in which it resides and/or does business.
- Outstanding Weather Insights Solution: This award is for delivering the most effective weather-based solution that helps clients make better decisions and achieve better business outcomes.
For a detailed description of each award, visit IBM Beacon Awards.
I’m also happy to share three new awards for 2018!
IBM Beacon Award nominations are open through Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST—and with the upcoming holidays, time is of the essence.
Now, if you’re still wondering whether to take the time to nominate your solution, my advice is simple: Go for it!
As our past winners will tell you, winning a Beacon Award is powerful recognition in our Business Partner ecosystem. A Beacon Award can instantaneously enhance your standing with existing clients, as well as command respect from new and prospective customers. Winners will be announced at PartnerWorld at Think 2018.
Speaking of PartnerWorld at Think, I look forward to seeing you on March 20–22, 2018 in Las Vegas. For the first time ever, two exclusive IBM events will be in one location. The new format—PartnerWorld at Think—allows us to combine the unique, executive-level focus of PartnerWorld with the innovation, development and visionary solutions being featured at Think 2018.
If you happen to be one of the Beacon Award winners, you’ll not only receive one complimentary registration and hotel package to PartnerWorld at Think 2018, but also a variety of other promotional benefits. Registration for PartnerWorld at Think is open and the Early Bird discount is available until December 15, so don’t delay!
I look forward to hearing from you—and as always, your feedback is welcomed.
Jacqueline Woods (@jacwoods2020)
Chief Marketing Officer, IBM Global Business Partners