A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
POWER8 is the first processor designed for Big Data, Analytics and Cloud
There are plenty of reasons why Power Systems are the top choice of clients for scalable systems, and the market place data proves it. According to IDC, IBM is leading the pack as the 8-socket and above revenue leader, and Power Systems are used by ten of the top 10 banks, ten of the top 10 telcos, eight of the top 10 insurance companies and eight of the top 10 retailers. When you add in the bold, unprecedented OpenPOWER initiative, the path for even greater collaborative innovation is unlimited.
I want to share how you can capitalize on this innovation and deliver improved performance, along with better and faster results, with IBM Power8 for your clients. Join us at our Linux on Power workshop on June 9, 2015 at the IBM Innovation Center in Cambridge MA. At this no-cost event you’ll:
- Network with industry experts who will share why IBM Power Systems deliver a competitive advantage.
- Hear directly from IBM Open Source Business Partners who will share real use-cases and customer scenarios you can use.
- Get involved in the “try your own application” session for Linux on Power. Bring your Linux code and try it on systems provided by the Power Development Platform Cloud and the IBM Innovation Centers.
At the end of this workshop, you can access a POWER8 virtual server anytime, anywhere to develop, test, tune, perform a proof of concept or demonstrate your application. Get hands-on with a pre-built LAMP or WebSphere/DB2 stack. Check out the capability of Docker on Power!
Finally, come hear the latest announcements and news on the OpenPower Foundation and IBM Power Systems including:
- IBM Power Systems scale-up and scale-out offerings including the addition of the E850 and up to 192 cores and 16TB memory in the E880 and new Operating System support.
- IBM Power Systems Cloud Offerings including Docker on Power support in Ubuntu 15.04, the new Cloud Manager with OpenStack 4.3 Kilo release and a preview of POWER8 in SoftLayer which GAs in 2Q
- IBM Power Systems Big Data & Analytics Solutions including Power Systems Solution Editions for SAP HANA (Up to 40 cores and 2TB of memory) and hear about perfect linear scaling of IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration up to 192 cores
I hope you’ll register today and join the workshop. I also want to hear about how Power Systems are making a difference with your clients, so please share your comments below.
Dave Carlquist (@dacarlq)