A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
Redefining Ecosystems: Insights from the latest Global C-suite Study – The COO perspective
On March 29, the IBM Institute for Business Value (IBV) released its latest Global C-suite Study: “Redefining Ecosystems: Insights from the Global C-suite Study – The COO perspective.” Convergence is a double-edged sword. It is shifting the focus from stand-alone products and services to cross-sector experiences while exacerbating competition. Learn what the top chief operating officers (COOs) are doing to stave off new competitors and deliver the personalized experiences customers demand from the COO point of view.
Over 650 COOs participated in this new study, sharing their views of what they see the future holding and how they are positioning their organizations to succeed in the age of disruption. The report delves more deeply into the views of the COOs who contributed to the research—and tells what operations leaders of the most successful enterprises do differently. COOs know they need to prepare for a future in which disruption is pervasive: a future in which technological advances are increasingly blurring the distinctions between different industries, new competitors are emerging from left field and customers are becoming ever-more demanding. So how can they redefine the ecosystems in which their organizations participate and make their operations more efficient? The Torchbearer COOs in the study provide lessons from which COOs everywhere can profit.
This report and the six others recently published represent a fantastic opportunity for our channel ecosystem to understand how line-of-business (LoB) clients are rethinking their strategies and their operating models; they are door openers for your sellers regarding the challenges LoBs face or foresee for their function. As IT spending decisions increasingly shift toward CXO functions, read and share this study with your sellers and customers today.
Also, share these recent valuable IBM IBV C-suite studies with your customers:
- Redefining Boundaries: The Global C-suite Study—Find the insights to excel in the new competitive landscape.
- Redefining Competition: The CEO perspective—The leading CEOs are aggressively deploying new business models through ecosystems. Discover new ways to focus on customers that can lead to nontraditional opportunities.
- Redefining Markets: The CMO perspective—Today’s CMO is responsible for selling experiences, not just products. Two-thirds of our respondents regard developing deeper, richer customer experiences as their top marketing priority. Learn how Torchbearer CMOs are meeting these expectations and expanding their roles by putting the entire customer journey first.
- Redefining Talent: The CHRO perspective—The leading CHROs are responding to an evolving talent landscape by treating candidates more like customers, designing new employee experiences and discovering the power of social listening. Learn about the emerging techniques and technologies helping the top CHROs stay ahead of the curve in the age of disruption.
- Redefining Connections: The CIO perspective—The leading CIOs are fostering innovation while also mitigating risk. They’re creating intelligent, agile cultures, finding valuable insights in customer feedback and rewiring their organizations for the future of business. Learn more about the actions leading CIOs are taking to stay ahead of the curve in the age of disruption.
- Redefining Performance: The CFO perspective—Convergence, competition and commotion are now commonplace. Digital invaders with disruptive business models are reshaping industries. Today’s CFOs must take on new responsibilities and use data to spot opportunities and challenges. Discover how the top CFOs are rising to the challenge and finding success in the age of disruption.
Read more about the IBM IBV and the featured thought leadership studies that are available to you today. And let me know what you think by using the comments feature below.
David La Rose (@dlarose68)
Vice President, IBM Global Business Partners, Europe