A translation widget is provided for your convenience to facilitate translation of the English language version of this blog into several languages. If you choose to utilize this automated translation facility, please understand there may be deviations between the automated translation and the original English version. IBM is not responsible for any such automated translation deviations and offers the translated version "AS IS" without warranties of any kind.
VMware on IBM Cloud = the easiest solution you’ll ever sell
At InterConnect 2016, IBM announced a global strategic partnership with VMware. This unique partnership brings two industry giants together to deliver the next generation of hybrid cloud computing solutions. The partnership enables clients to easily embrace the cloud while preserving their existing investments and creating new business opportunities:
1. VMware customers have the ability to easily move workloads to IBM Cloud using a simple copy/paste process with no additional skills, shifting spend to OpEx in one day. They can quickly provision new (or scale existing) VMware workloads to the IBM Cloud. This helps companies retain the value of their existing VMware-based solutions while leveraging the growing footprint of IBM cloud data centers worldwide.
2. For IBM customers, the announcement means they can purchase the VMware software they need to power their deployments on IBM Cloud bare-metal servers in a flexible, cost-efficient way. Further, customers can easily deploy new (or scale existing) VMware technology-based workloads in the IBM Cloud—all while taking advantage of existing skill sets, tools and technologies our customers are already familiar with.
What is the value proposition for Business Partners?
The expanded IBM and VMware strategic partnership is a win-win scenario for both you as an IBM Business Partner and your clients! It’s simple to execute and every IBM channel route has a role:
Resellers: Grow customer revenue with your VMware skills to expand your customers’ environments into the cloud; revitalize dormant accounts facing CapEx and data center constraints; and drive incremental revenue around services covering VMware planning, workload optimization/placement, additional training and so on.
ISVs/MSPs/CSPs: Use this new VMware capability to improve client service, leverage VMware on IBM Cloud for internal use cases like development and test, and extend unique workloads that run in VMware partitions to the cloud.
GSI/RSIs: Leverage new VMware on IBM Cloud capability across consulting engagements for better optimization/management of workloads across on-premises and cloud environments, and enhance cloud migration and data center integration services internally for project management and solution development.
Call to action
- Become familiar with the details of the announcement:
- Read the announcement for more details on the partnership
- Review our FAQ sheet on the partnership to find answers to frequently asked questions
- Monitor our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) the Business Partner weekly email for more partnership information and the forthcoming PartnerWorld page.
- Review solution briefs and use cases to understand/validate business needs here.
- Close the deal!
Your IBM representative can help you progress and close your VMware opportunities. If you don’t know your contact, send an email to [email protected].
You can also let me know what you think by using the comments feature below.
Vice President-Business Partners/Channel Innovation